Monday, July 16, 2012

Books

Of recreational books read during high school I remember very little. My mom bought some books at the grocery store or bookshop but the only titles I remember are something like "Evergreen," a depressing story set in Ireland, a "Thornbirds" book set in Australia, and also I might have read that novel set in Japan that is so awful about the European who lives there and learns the ways of the Samurai warrior although I don't remember if I read that one there or elsewhere. It was all fiction of course, but just thought of living such dreary immoral lives is quite depressing. So thanks mom for all those books. But anyway those Spanish people have no reason to get so uppity about literature when obviously their own national treasures are full of crude and vulgar inventions revealing the cesspool that is the human imagination when not renewed and redirected by the Holy Spirit.