Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sword Play

I have never lived by the sword so I really cannot imagine why I am hearing all these ominous threats about being killed by the sword. Yes, we often had "sword drills" during Bible study hour at the Missionary Kid school. I usually did fairly well at this in my opinion but it was often the case that Paul Gibbard won because he was faster than anyone else. You have to hold your Bible over your head until given the citation and the signal to start. Then everyone quickly thumbs through their Bibles and the first person to stand up, having found the Bible verse, reads the verse aloud to everyone else. It is a necessary skill for any Christian to learn how to handle the sword, meaning the "Word of God," correctly. If this bothers you then obviously you are just a pagan busybody who does not know of what you are speaking. Enough said.