Saturday, May 10, 2014

Which Reminds Me

Someone is angling for a joke based on the concept of domestic vs. foreign. And if I am a U.S. citizen does that make me a domestic servant? And if I am a redhead does that make me a domestic servant? Will that type of stereotyping make me sympathetic to Latina domestic stereotypes? I never said that I should not do my domestic chores like everybody else on the planet. It does take some getting used to not having a mandatory maid around after high school to do all of these things. I was robbed of my chores early on and now I am judged guilty before I can even get started. How can you say that I do not take care of my things when you stole my stuff and scattered it to the four winds so that I could never get it back? The Chinese lady with the bound lotus feet at least has an excuse but I do have slave-sized feet as do you so you have no excuse either for not doing your fair share. And why are you so eager to humiliate me, a white girl, in advance on the point of domestic chores? That scheme of making the illiterate redhead sweep the floors might have worked a few hundred years ago but in these modern times you may have to find some other excuse for exercising these slave-holding techniques. There just aren't going to be many redheads available in the future so you will just have to scratch your own back.