Monday, May 19, 2014

Which Reminds Me

Someone has referenced the Bridal Call or The Bridegroom's Messenger, which are ancient Pentecostal magazines published maybe 100 years ago. I must admit that I was not old enough to be aware of these ancient magazines until quite recently, myself being a creature native to the late 20th century. Only by research and deep reading does one become aware of the existence of the Bridal Call, a magazine published by Aimee Semple MacPherson, who founded the Foursquare denomination. Umm, OK, so that's nice. And The Bridegroom's Messenger is a magazine that was published by unknown Pentecostals out of Georgia. Umm, Ok, so that's nice. Myself not being a librarian, I am not sure why I would need to know this, but whatever. I have only driven through a small section of Georgia a handful of times on my way to somewhere else so I really would not be aware of Georgia having any Pentecostal inhabitants. I am only aware of the Baptist Bells and Reeses of Atlanta who mostly treated me like garbage during high school so obviously Atlanta would not be a destination that would be on my mind. After high school I will be free to find my own life and friends entirely separate from and unknown to the Bells and Reeses because, well, not to be mean but it is really none of their business.