Thursday, May 8, 2014

Which Reminds Me

When I was maybe 10 or 11 years old in El Salvador there was a Christmas program at church in which we participated. There were four of us MK girls all dressed in white robes with sparkly tin foil halos on our heads and fake wings attached to our backs all standing around the makeshift manger arranged on the platform to represent the birth of Christ. Of course the blond angels stood center front and the two redhead angels standing farther back. Not that we had made these arrangements or thought of ourselves as angels in any real sense of that word. It was just a church pageant like so many others staged in churches all over the world. That didn't mean that I actually imagined myself an angel when obviously I am not. I am very human as I well know. There was never any need to press this point any farther than that.