Monday, May 19, 2014

Which Reminds Me

Yes, Mexico is a sad place. There, if you get involved in a car crash you are thrown in jail and assumed guilty. That happened to my parents' friend Stan Black. I remember hearing the story about how he was badly injured and yet thrown in jail without medical care. Never mind who was at fault. Only later was he taken to a doctor where all of the many shards of glass were removed from his body. I might have retold this story a time or two although I really don't remember. Here in the U.S. we have excellent emergency services. Medical people immediately take you to the hospital and the police will take charge of reviewing the accident scene and ask questions later. Assuming the police are called if it seems that serious. In fact, off-duty medical people will even pull over and volunteer to help if they see an accident on the side of the road, which I thought seemed nice at the time. Except why was he sort of holding or adjusting Mr. Skinkle's neck that way? I really wouldn't know. I was never trained in emergency medical services.