Thursday, June 19, 2014

Which Reminds Me

It's very simple. There is no "e" at the end of a singular potato. The plural potato attaches an "es" ending. Yes, perhaps someone was trying to explain to me something about the misspelling of the potato but I cannot say that I could follow the logic of what they were saying or understand why their defensive tirade was being dumped upon me, a person entirely unconnected to those events of which I was only vaguely aware having heard about that on television just like everyone else. I always was blessed with good spelling so perhaps I do feel a certain degree of pity for those persons who would so blithely attach an "e" where it obviously didn't belong, never mind about some obscure type or other anomalous occurrence out of circulation. Good spelling is a very important habit to cultivate in our lives and work. It's very simple. There is no "e" at the end of a singular potato.