Saturday, June 7, 2014

Which Reminds Me

Dr. Kelly was a professor in our journalism program. I don't suppose that he would have any distant cousins in the TV anchorage business. No one ever mentioned this to me. Kelly is a very common name. Anyway, I cannot imagine that the extended Kelly family would be calling on Dr. Kelly's students to comment on their cousin or something. That would seem so inappropriate. And anyway how could I comment on events that have never been clearly explained to me, just that the whole program was revamped. But that was maybe three or four years after I was already gone so I really don't know much. It is hard for me to understand how my name gets thrown around so prominently in connection to events to which I am really not connected. Just the fact that I drove through the state of Louisiana once or twice was enough to stir up all kinds of false rumors about me. It is just ridiculous.