Thursday, March 5, 2015

Which Reminds Me

Yes, don't we all know that the Kleins and Cranfords have a family-owned privately held operation there crushing rocks for use as building materials? And don't we all know that I own no part of that operation? If I am lucky enough to outlive my mother and she doesn't disinherit me in the meantime I might inherit a small fraction of the natural gas royalties, which represents only a very tiny amount of money, certainly not enough to live on. And then I would just die and my portion would be redistributed, doubtless inside the family so no one else should be imagine that they would be getting something more from that. We all remember that my grandmother felt cheated because the land was left to Uncle Winfred who doubtless left it to his two daughters, Beverly Klein and Patsy Cranford.

Nevertheless, none of these facts constitute myself a publicly owned company under any duty or obligation whatsoever to publicly report all of my doings and sayings to the Kleins and Cranfords, of whom I know nothing and couldn't care less about, basically. I am just saying. I am privately owned also, well, sort of.