Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Which Reminds Me

One day at work in Haines City my boss Max asked what he thought my surname meant. I really hadn't done much research on that at the time. Mostly, my family thinks that we are Welsh is all I could remember. The "kins" part of the name may signify a family, so perhaps we are the kin or descendants of Cal, is one theory. Max suggested that we might be the family of Caleb. Hmmm... That is an interesting thought. Caleb was a mighty warrior. But I never heard anyone in our family claiming to be Jewish or even close to that. There was just the horseshoe thing that my aunt first found in an old dictionary. And other sources suggest the name has Irish roots. I don't know very much it one way or another and don't know how anything could be proven. Anyway, I suppose that many people have these little puzzles in their background that can't really be solved. Interesting.