Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Which Reminds Me

How many times do I have to explain that I am not interested in joining any labor union? I vaguely recall hearing that song, "We Shall Overcome," but it is no anthem of mine. It might be a labor union song or something. I don't remember. Anyway, I do not work in a cannery so there is no way that you can require me to work for a labor union that does not represent my interests. My grandparents, I don't remember what their opinions might have been on that point. They did work in factories at some time in the distant past, but they are gone now and assembly line membership is not an inherited right. You have to earn assembly line points in your own account, if you really want to work for a cannery. But I do not work on the assembly line so there is no reason for me to discuss labor unions with organizers who do not represent me.