Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Which Reminds Me

Anyway, I had not noticed these puzzle pieces until quite recently, but anyway there really is no connection to me never mind about superficial appearances. I never discussed the details of my high school experience with Sammy, who was there with us in El Salvador until halfway through eighth grade at the little school. They did visit during the summer maybe after 10th grade but anyway there is no way they could have ever met or known anyone from my high school, much less the Scottish high school classmates. They attended high school in Texas. So anyway, it is not surprising that Sammy would have followed in his parents' footsteps and later also became a missionary to Central America. So that much is not surprising. What is surprising is that he would later found a charitable trust to feed poor people, which is not really anything that we would be interested in doing. Our mission board just doesn't do that type of thing, preferring to emphasize the teaching of people to fish. So a school would be sort of understandable under special exceptions on record, but just feeding people lunch sounds nice in a fundraising way but philosophically speaking raises several problematic points of discussion that I do not wish to be bothered with having to elaborate. Life is short. I heard him trying to pick an argument about lunch bucket charities but I do not wish to participate in that argument, at least not in that angular fashion in which the questions are posed in a way to slander my reputation. If you want to give away your lunch money, fine. I really don't care what they do with their money and their personal ministry. However, there is no reason for me to feel guilty about some party to which I was not invited anyway and don't really know anything about what someone else did that was never really explained to me, that I should feel myself compelled to give money to feed the poor. So just because a high school classmate of mine had an emotional problem, that is not a reason for me to feel myself somehow compelled to give money to some clever extortionists. I am just saying. I am not guilty so tell Mark Rutty-Puke to stick that in his ear.