Thursday, January 7, 2016

Which Reminds Me

During my first job after college, at Vida Publishers, I took dictation for several distribution managers of the publishing company. As the typist, I must insert my middle initial to differentiate myself from the cc, which means "carbon copy" of that, according to Carol, who was my supervisor at the time. By the way, my middle initial is j, not that I want to discuss that with strangers. Anyway, I cannot remember much of that stuff, nor do I wish to be reminded of what your Dad, Jack, was ranting about on the tape recorder while having his nervous breakdown, prior to being fired by Ed, the imported French businessman who was brought in to reform the missionary culture of the place. Yes, well, times will change and the missionary culture of the times will fade eventually but perhaps slower than Ed and company would like to see. Just pushing people over the edge of a cliff sounds might sound like fun to you but I would just get in trouble if I tried to due that. And if I have to explain this to you in so many words, you are just too weird for words. I would rather just kill myself than try to explain that.