Friday, January 8, 2016

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I do remember Jan Chance of Virginia Beach, who lived at the opposite end of the dorm floor the year that I was at Evangel College. But I immediately forgot about her after leaving there and could not care less about renewing that contact, ditto my former roommate Jan Green. How well I remember how Jan often tried to bait me into a fight. For example, she accused me of cheating at the board game we were playing, maybe Monopoly or Sorry or Clue or something like that, and I had to pull out the rules to show how I was going exactly by the rules which allowed my move even though she had perhaps not been aware of that, to avoid myself being slandered as a cheater. Win some, lose some. I do not wish to get into another fight with Jan in the future. Therefore, I will not be taking the bait of Jan. I will just be leaving Jan to rot in her own selfish grandiosity because, really, it just wasn't that important to me that I should sacrifice my emotional well-being to satisfy her prideful airs. Let her slander and defame me as much as she likes. None of Jan's nasty temper tantrums will matter in the long run because when I get to heaven y faith is placed in the salvation offered by Jesus, not in the caprices and trampy antics of trashy Jan.