Friday, June 24, 2011

Back To Jerusalem

I sometimes wonder why people keep talking about the Back To Jerusalem movement as if I would know anything about that. That is something that happens in China of which I know nothing and that has absolutely nothing to do with me. I have not a clue about anything to do with that and no idea how it got started. I do not think there could possibly be any connection between my family and the Back To Jerusalem movement. It is mildly interesting to note that my great-grandparents were in China back in the early part of the 20th century but that was a very long time ago. You must have us confused with the "Voice of China" people, the Hammond family who were well acquainted with my great-grandparents and who continue to travel to China even today. I have no connection whatsoever to the Hammonds and have never met those people. I heard that they moved their organization from Pasadena in California to Tulsa, Oklahoma. They always were Foursquare which is a whole different story of which I know nothing much. The Hammonds probably know all about the Back To Jerusalem movement and how that developed and what it means so you really should ask them. I only know that it exists and that, well, if the Chinese can evangelize the Muslims better than we can, that sounds like a good idea to me. There is no reason to argue with the Great Commission as long as you are talking about the Great Commission and not something else.