Thursday, June 16, 2011

Bread and More Bread

Yes, I like bread. The bread that was delivered regularly by the Mennonites in their truck and also the wheat bread that was available at the Selecto Supermarket where my mom occasionally shopped for some things when we got over that way although we lived a lot closer to the Todos Supermarket because we lived not that far from the big shopping market on Boulevard de los Heroes. But I must confess that we rarely purchased the Lido bread available at the Todos supermarket because it even though it was OK for sandwiches sometimes, the Mennonite bread was really good and homemade and so we got delivery of that maybe once a week or so for a while also but after the Selectos supermarket opened and they had even better wheat bread and then mostly that is what I ate a lot because it was very very good. Someone was saying something about the bombing of the Mennonite bread factory but I would not know anything about that because that happened after I left. I just don't even have a clue why bread would be an issue because it wasn't an issue when I was there. You can snack on pickles if you like, and I sometimes did that, too, and other things, but anyway, still, bread was the one that my sister made a big joke of.