Sunday, June 19, 2011

Common Denominator

There is a common denominator in some of these things that I may have discussed with Sharon Turner Deras although I don't remember. Sharon is from Nebraska and prides herself on being a tough cookie which means to be stupid and to act without thinking and to shoot off the mouth without having a clue what you are talking about. This provides an accurate description of former friend Sharon and a few others who have a strange way of turning everything I say into a nightmarish vision of the hellish lake of sulphur, a location which I am hoping to avoid entirely. I never want to go there, not ever, which is why we never use that word unless it is absolutely necessary in its appropriate context: H-E-L-L. Yes, why pronounce this word when it is completely unnecessary and avoidable? I see no point in borrowing trouble that does not belong to me, a child of God who has faith in Jesus as my Savior. "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." I do feel sorry for these people who refuse to believe but, as the saying goes, "a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still." Those who actively stake their claims in the lake of fire could not be dissuaded from such a reckless and damaging pursuit against their will even if a ghostly apparition were to beckon and cajole them to abandon their foolish ways. No, God does not want people who are robotically forced to do the things that we expect them to do just because we say so. "And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil." It is to be hoped that the Holy Spirit will work upon their hearts to soften their dulled consciences and point them toward the light and what is right but it is not our place to make that happen. If you did not like the message I am sorry but shooting the messenger, as for example me, is not going to change the fact that you were heading in the wrong direction. Sorry about that but there is nothing that I can do about it except maybe mention this to Sharon which means that for sure whatever I said will get passed along.