Friday, June 24, 2011

Land Office Swindle

I would be very interested to know why the State of Texas is so actively involved in swindling me out of my inheritance, as if I were mentally defective. The Archives War of 1845 aside, why is the head of the Texas land office archives a guy named Mark Lambert? The chances are slim that just any Lambert would be related to those Lamberts who presume to rule over the McClellans. No, it is more likely that they are just clerks in the government land office who are just doing their jobs. The Lamberts might have a job in the paperwork shuffle and red tape department but it would not be their job to decide whether I deserve to inherit anything. If we all had to prove that we deserve to inherit something then lots of people could easily be lined up against a wall and shot for whatever reason just like in the Old World. I could say the same thing about the Texas land office genealogist, Isabel Alfaro. What are the odds that Texas' head genealogist would be related or married to someone who was in my high school class? I just have no idea how that could be or why some genealogist would imagine herself related to me just because she did a lot of family research and knows more than I know about some of my distant relatives. A lot of these things are very peculiar and not in keeping with the American way of thinking. So just because you spent a lot of time researching useless tidbits of history, that does not make you the daughter of my mother who is the one who has the deed/title, not you pencil-pushers. Sorry, but you really should get a grasp on reality. It probably is tempting to imagine yourself in the shoes of the subject of your genealogy research, but you really should resist that temptation because if you try to lay claim to stuff that is not yours, we will have to sic the president of the United States on you because obviously Texas is not helping.