Sunday, June 26, 2011

Joe

I do remember hearing someone talking about Joe, I am not sure who, but I am completely baffled at why anyone would go to such great lengths to mount this strange defense of someone I only saw once in my entire life that I can even remember, when he stopped in after dinner to chat and have dessert and we all sat around the kitchen table talking when I was maybe 12. That is the only time I recall ever seeing Joe, although I have heard the sad story of Joe's sad and sorry life and how his wife left him for a while and went to Hawaii and then came back and whatever else happened which I know nothing about but there is plenty of fodder in the diaries for spies like Max to feed on, and about how no one was sure whether Joe and his wife even went to church or were really serving the Lord for some reasons which are never clear, just that maybe they needed to appear at church more often so that the relatives do not worry about them so much. Most of what I hear said about Joe by those other strange people such as stupid Max gives me the impression that Joe must have been quite an accomplished liar in painting such a distorted picture of us because actually we never talked about him much at all nor did he ever play any significant role in our family nor did he ever have any recognized ability to administrate our family's affairs, obviously, being just a regular Joe who should not be poking his nose in places where it doesn't belong. The way Max describes him, Joe sounds like an extremely vindictive cranky old coot who completely destroyed my life based on something I did at age three. How then does Joe expect anyone to have any respect for his trashy slut daughters Gwen and Joanna who obviously made big mistakes as we see from the genealogical record even if they did make it legal later. Obviously, Joe is just trying to make political points by trashing me and making his own wicked daughters sound so much better because they have husbands and children. How convenient for Joe that I should present myself to be slaughtered for the benefit of the uppity-ups.