Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Message

Yes, that was such a weird message that I heard from somewhere, that I am supposed to carry the torch in remembering the Blue team from high school and the memory of Ulises who was the Blue team leader because, well, he died and Carmen, who was Ulises' boyfriend in high school, later married someone else and is no longer able to hold the torch for Ulises' memory. How odd that I would be selected for this impossible mission. I have almost no personal memory of Ulises whatsoever. I vaguely remember Game Day. The Blue team did not win any trophies that I recall but, well, at least we tried. We did all the games that were required of us but one of the other teams won. However, as far as I am concerned those four teams ceased to exist after high school. No one is still keeping score to check whether the Blue team is still at the bottom on the scoreboard, except maybe Carmen and a few other overly exaggerated people who are out of touch reality. After all, if Carmen had attended the 35th high school reunion, she would know that during the meeting someone delivered a very nice tribute speech in Ulises' memory, someone who knows him well so would be appropriate to talk about him and not me. If Carmen had been there, she also could have contributed her speech about Ulises but obviously Carmen is away from high school pretending to be someone else so she would not remember that.