Sunday, June 19, 2011

Close Encounters of the Weird Kind

I am suddenly reminded of the time that I went door-to-door witnessing in El Salvador with the AIM team from Arkansas for four or five days. On the very last day we, meaning the little group of four or five people that I was translating for, were accosted by this guy who listened to our spiel and then wanted us to go to his house for some reason to talk more. So we did go there, just a few houses down the street, and talked to him a few more minutes on the rooftop patio of his house but that was all. I don't remember him having anything of importance to say. I don't know why he was so insistent on us going to his house to talk to him there and then he was just sort of weird. We probably should not have spent the extra few minutes it took to go aside, and I do not remember if he ever did get saved, but anyway that is all that happened. So we should have probably just said no to the invitation to go to his house in my opinion but the rest is history.