Monday, February 25, 2013

Casting Agency Blues

It is clear that I would never get a part in a theatrical production, not that I care about that. Why should I waste time on these cattle calls? Just about the only role that might require freckles and reddish hair would be that of "Orphan Annie" and I am too old for that part anyway, while makeup and costume experts can easily remedy the external hair and skin requirements to fit the particular age-appropriate child actor. I am not needed so why go there? Not having a Daddy Warbucks to pay for all this excess drama, my actual parents would obviously be left holding the bag to defend something that I can't take to the bank. McClellan's castle is just a colossal boondoggle.

It is just not fair. It is not fair that just because whiney obnoxious Sharon Turner complained about my Dad's cliches, that I should have to spend years trying to explain that there just are not enough of Carter's little liver pills to go around. My Dad definitely has more cliches and sayings and quotes than Carter had pills so it would take eternity to sort all that stuff out. If the next generation is confused about these oblique references to drugs, they should ask their parents or look it up in the dictionary or whatever. I personally don't have time for this. I need a job now. I need a paycheck now. Now! Now! Now!