Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Suicide

Of course it would be sort of suicidal for me to defend the advanced study of Biblical languages as my Dad mostly thinks that it is unnecessary to study Greek and Hebrew and that those Ph.D.'s mostly have their heads full of silly notions that are of no use to us regular folks. Also, I am a girl so it is none of my business what those Advanced Biblical studies people should or should not study. I don't know anything about that. I kind of like studying things for myself but I don't want to get involved in all of those gnarly issues of theological study that have people all worked up into a snit, as if we were trying to prevent Hispanic people from advanced study of Biblical languages, and my Dad would kill me if I got involved in that issue as if I ever had anything to say about that. Nor would I want to attend nursing school or to side with those who would require medical studies for all girls. There is not really a nursing shortage anymore, there being almost an oversupply of medical personnel available to staff clinics around the world, so it is not necessary to try to fit me into the box of nurses for girls and the tedious type of person who likes that type of profession. There are other jobs available for girls other than nurse that do not require medical training. The other conventional job choice for girls is that of teacher but I neglected to get a teaching credential when I was younger and it is too late now. It would be too much trouble to try to get certified with all of these people prepared to gun me down at every step. Better to resign myself to the suffering of old age than to try to do anything else now. My life is basically over and I really ought to commit suicide, as Stacy was saying. I don't see any reason to argue about it being more convenient for me to die as early as possible rather than to continue living in this pathetically horrible world. I would kill myself but then again it is not my place to say when I should die. Perhaps my presence will at least grate on the nerves of my enemies. Who knows?