Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Which Reminds Me

How many times do I have to explain that I don't know anything about the firing of Susie Stewart, who was the children's pastor at Oakland Park Assembly of God? Susie was fired by the pastor, Max Yeary for reasons of which I was only vaguely aware, maybe. Susie was very embarrassed about the whole thing and perhaps for that reason only vaguely explained to us her dismissal from that position. I have no doubt that her roommate at the time, Miriam Denham, who was also Max's secretary, is fully informed as to the details of Susie's firing if you really want to know more about that. I do vaguely remember once listening to Susie and Miriam talking about one of the girls in the church and how they thought that she was some type of lesbian. That was a rather freaky thing to say about such a young girl but Susie and Miriam were convinced that her attendance at church functions was a serious problem and they had expressed their concern to Pastor Yeary but said that he had refused to do anything about it, had refused to bar that girl from attending the class or children's church event at which her attendance had supposedly become a problem. I don't remember the names of these girls or the adults who were said to also be intervening in that issue. It was maybe a few weeks later that Susie was fired from her position. I cannot recall whether Miriam also was fired or left voluntarily but later Miriam became Bob Hoskins' secretary. I don't know anything else about that. Max is fired from being my pastor because obviously my name is not Susie or Miriam and he has no authority to fire me from a position that was never mine or for a controversy in which I was never involved. I only remember hearing something of that vaguely, something that Susie and Miriam said, but as we all know, if you know Susie at all, you have to take everything that Susie says with a grain of salt because although she speaks much, she does not necessarily know whereof she speaks. I don't know anything about those people nor do I care to be taken for Susie.