Sunday, February 24, 2013

To Kill Or Not To Kill Barbara

Someone somehow forgot to resolve the problem of Barbara Miller of Mississippi who was living in El Salvador for maybe a year while working as a teacher at the MK school. She was living at the time with a local family, maybe the Navarettes although I am not sure, and teaching the younger grades. Ok, maybe she also spent some time at our house. I would not want those most embarrassing moments of my life discussed in public to which Barbara was a witness. The silly singing of "Oops there goes another rubber tree plant," and perhaps was a discussion of the dizzy "Flying Nun" show and the "Dominique" song and "Frere Jacque" and why Ole Miss is the only U.S. college that counts for anything, and blah blah blah, etc. etc. etc. Well, perhaps Barbara would be surprised to learn that her role in my life was not that important. I could have done so much better without Miss Miller lurking out there in the background pretending to know who I am. Barbara only remembers a few little things that have somehow been blown to smithereens even though I would really rather forget that. It is just that if you cannot pick up the phone and call me in person, I don't want to hear it from them and I am not going to take it from them either. Got it now? Goodbye! Yes, really, goodbye!