Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Which Reminds Me

For some reason I am reminded of Laura Entz, a roommate after college who was a Mennonite MK and lived at some time in Korea where her father worked in some type of radio ministry. I don't remember very much about that. Maybe I am remembering something she said about that during the year or so that I roomed with her. I have no idea. Nevertheless, it goes without saying that never in my life have I taken up arms against American citizens for that reason alone. Just because you are an American citizen now, that does not mean that I must automatically like you and will invite you to my house for dinner, especially after you lied so shamefacedly and made everyone so confused about what the real issue was. The Word of God is a sharp and two-edged sword and mine is fairly polished to the extent I am able, no apologies necessary on that point. Just because the Apostle Paul claimed Roman citizenship, that only entitled him to a fair trial whereas otherwise he might have been torn to pieces on the spot by a mob of Diana fans foaming at the mouth in demonic fit as it were. So anyway, it was sad about the Diana toy supposedly thrown down to earth from heaven to be worshiped by the gullible denizens of Ephesus but, anyway, the Roman citizenship was a convenient escape valve by which to throw the idolatrous rabble off the trail and Paul's ultimate deliverance allowed more time to preach the Gospel all over the known world as far as he was able and called by persons open to the message of Christianity. If you have read Revelation you already know the end of the story so there is no reason for me to be intimidated by the Devil's pawns. I am not unaware that someone is angling for points about Aimee Semple MacPherson, and how could a female be preaching the Gospel when men ought to be doing it, and the Anglicans ripped her for that reason, but anyway I cannnot say that she did not do some good things, especially as some of my distant cousins belong to the church that she founded, the Fourquare church. I really cannot say whether she is above criticism from the Anglican vicars of Pentecostalism. I might have noticed something in my readings about that. However, I also cannot defend Uncle Sam's rotten, creepy wicked children either, especially as they never did anything to advance the Gospel, quite the contrary. So I don't see how this discussion is going anywhere or what point there would be to make in any discussion of Foursquaredom. The whole point of Foursquaredom is somewhat fuzzy in my mind as they have as yet failed to present any points that matter to anyone that I can think of. So?