Saturday, February 2, 2013

Which Reminds Me

During college my roommate Cori was going on about time travel and how it might be possible to time travel. This topic of conversation arose after we had attended a movie about time travel, "Time After Time." Cori was of the opinion that time travel was possible. I opined that it was not possible to time travel. Maybe there is a scientific reason to think of time travel as possible but the technology does not yet exist in my opinion. Cori was very angry with me for saying that it was not possible to time travel. And yet it remains true more or less that there is no time travel. Where is the time travel ticket counter? Maybe someday the technology for time travel will be developed but it is not here now and we humans creatures limited by the confines of time and spaces cannot know whether we will live long enough to see that if ever. We cannot know for certain what the future holds for planet earth. We only have some vague ideas about how things might go. So we Christians prefer to hold onto the things that matter, like today and what I can do in the present time which is all that I can count on more or less. It was Cori who wanted to time travel. So I was persuaded to see the movie with them but I really don't see that happening in real life.