Saturday, February 2, 2013

Which Reminds Me

Anyway, there was no high school rule requiring that I take chemistry so I didn't. I took the easy way out because I always hated science so much and I felt like such an idiot when my cookie analogy was given special mention by Mr. Schaeffer as a prime example of stupid answer to a biology test question. That alone was enough to prove that science was not in my future, at least not in any kind of vocational way. Lots of people do not take the full load of science and math and do just fine in life given there are not enough hours in the day to know everything. And that was only Dr. Schaeffer's biology class. Can you imagine how much worse chemistry class would be taught by a Hispanic teacher who despises and disdains white girls? Or at least that was the way I imagined it at the time. Maybe I said something to that effect. So I dropped out of science and never looked back. Overall I don't feel like I missed anything important, having no need in my ordinary life of access to a science lab for dissection of the rat that was found in the garage. Life is a lot simpler if you can just throw the rat carcass out with the garbage and not make such an issue of things that don't really matter in the long run. Two roads diverged in the forest and I took the non-scientific rout. I really don't care to know much more about the contents of the jars of strange and creepy things stored in the science lab closet.