Thursday, February 28, 2013

Fig Trees

The diaries of great-grandmother refer occasionally to the fig trees of Uncle Joe and the figs brought by him and Dora as gifts. Some unscrupulous persons have seized on this imagery of the fig tree and used that along with the fig tree cursed by Jesus in the New Testament, to wreak all kinds of havoc and destruction upon our family, even upon those of us who have no regard or respect for the idiotic ramblings of Uncle Joe. Yes, I suppose that Uncle Joe's children would want to kill me for saying that but, really, it is true. Uncle Joe was just some regular Joe who somehow was attached to our family tree even though I have no idea why. I don't understand all this emphasis on Uncle Joe as I only saw him once in my entire life, sitting around the dinner table and Grandma and Grandpa Calkins' house, and, really, nothing memorable comes to mind conerning that occasion. I imagine that Grandma Calkins probably talked most of the time as usual.