Saturday, October 12, 2013

Which Reminds Me

I vaguely remember reading a magazine article about the secretary who made herself rich. Whenever her boss wanted to buy or sell stocks he would tell the secretary to call his broker with the order. The secretary got herself a brokerage account and every time she would get an order from her boss she would also buy or sell a smaller amount for her own account using her own money. Thus, the secretary got wealthy eventually although perhaps never as wealthy as her boss. Ok, so?
  1. For one thing, the article does not explain whether the boss was aware of her secret account at the time. But as she was using her own money in the first place I really do not see how there is anything else to say about that.
  2. Also, I cannot for the life of me remember in which publication I read that article or the names of the persons involved. I have only a sketchy idea of what happened as described in the magazine article.
Ok, so? Did I mention having read this article to someone? I really don't remember that much about it. I really cannot say how many thousands of people also read that article so there would be no reason to single me out for interrogation on matters of no concern to me. I cannot say that I was ever all that lucky but I would not want to say anything else about that. No reason to rub it in that I am not so lucky. Maybe you are not so lucky either if holding such a huge grudge. If you cannot let it go, then God will not let you go either.