Saturday, October 19, 2013

Which Reminds Me

Yes, the subject of legalism is a topic of discussion in many church circles. But how do you define that? I define legalism as "Dawn Saword" who believes that the Bible tells her never to cut her hair. That to me is extreme legalism. I cannot, as Dawn can, boast that no scissors ever touched my hair so I cannot base any claim of piety and righteousness on my hair. No, unlike them I must live by faith alone. Dawn also never wears pants, unlike me, and yet I must believe my mother when she tells me that actually girl's jeans are for girls, not men.

On the other hand, it would be somewhat dangerous to be discussing legalism with a drunken alcoholic dope addict named Bruce Bell, what an idiot, not that I would know. I am just imagining that someone really tripped out probably. Else why do they so loudly protest as if they are so innocent? It begs the question: Of what are they guilty? There must be some sin of which they imagine themselves condemned already, not that I would know anything about it. They never tell me anything. I just have no idea.

Sure, when I was four years old I reprimanded some lady at the beach who was smoking a cigarette but I really don't remember who that was. Nobody I knew, just some stranger.