Friday, October 4, 2013

Which Reminds Me

While I was living in Virginia I pled guilty on a speeding ticket. 
It is useless to argue with a laser gun when you are going 60 where only 45 is allowed.
So after postponing too long to pay by mail I went to the courthouse and pled guilty and paid my fine and that is all there is to say about that. Ok, so maybe I was not pleased to be pulled over. When is that ever convenient, especially when you are in a hurry to get somewhere on time? I might have seemed overly grouchy as I handed over my license to be written up which took forever when I had been in something of a hurry to get somewhere on time. Oh well. Never mind about having a life. I was feeling a bit guilty about not being respectful enough to the black policeman who stopped me so pleading guilty to speeding was my way of saying I am sorry, because I was speeding clearly so obviously I was guilty of driving too fast there. No contest there. So did I also tell this story to someone before? I really don’t remember.
However, I do not see how pleading guilty on one speeding ticket attaches every other guilt complex on the planet and stains my entire record. It was only a speeding ticket.