Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Which Reminds Me

During the time that I lived in Virginia I worked in a telemarketing call center for exactly three months. During that time a co-worker offered to sell me some crystals. He said these crystals were good for meditation and good luck because of their concentrated power and energy. I am a person who refused to buy those crystals. I thought to myself, am I not a Christian? Christ is alive in me and I live in Christ. Did not Jesus say, "Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe." Thus I see no need for some crystal bauble and I did not buy the crystals that the young man was offering to sell me. What exactly I said to him I do not recall but later I was fired from that job because I could not meet the sales quota. There is a lying spirit out there that would have you believe that I was fired for other reasons such as going off script and lying over the phone but that was not true. It was just that my sales numbers did not add up to the minimum quota required. That was how the supervisor explained it to me.