Thursday, April 30, 2015

Which Reminds Me

Someone has reminded me that when I lived in California I once applied for an editor job at Chuck Swindoll's organization which was connected to the Evangelical Free Church. I was told in the job interview that I would not be hired because of my Pentecostal background which is obvious because I attended an AG college. I could not be trusted to properly edit matters of a theological nature, said the woman who interviewed me, although the prospective job might have built on the skills that I had acquired in the job that I was currently working at, which was the Lockman Foundation. Ok, fine. I will be just fine without all of these Evangelical Free/Southern Baptist people nattering in the background. What would those modernists know about Christian theology anyway? Didn't one roommate at the time, Laura, say that she almost doesn't believe in anything? So anyway I can't take those people too seriously or I would just go crazy. Some people are disappointingly not as Christian as we had thought upon first meeting, but then again isn't that what world history is all about?