Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Which Reminds Me

Am I the only person who thought it was a bit odd the way that Machelle Bush was obsessing on the Janet Cook story? I mean, ok, fine, these cases appear from time to time and with her there we had to do our group project on that or nothing, but to get so emotionally worked up about that was just a bit weird. I mean, I doubt that I could ever be quite as bad as that in terms of inventing imaginary drug addict children to write about. Still, I would rather learn something constructive about what to do in terms of my future work rather than what not to do. In my opinion just reporting on the Janet Cook fiasco was not really that helpful to me as I had already read a detailed story about that in Time magazine plus various other discussions on the subject of how these articles must be true and factual or else labeled as fiction, one or the other but not both.