Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Which Reminds Me

We have an ancestress in my Dad's side of the family, Mary Ellen Carr, who was born in Prussia in 1821 and came to the U.S. without parents somehow and married Jacob Burry in 1837. Well, she might be dead and buried by now but she had quite a few children, about 11, including a great-great-grandmother of ours, Rhoda, all of whom had probably fairly large families, so that quite a few of her descendants actually are living in the U.S.. But we are under no illusions of going to Prussia to claim anything there of the Holy Roman Empire and to socialize with the royals of Germany. There is just no reason to even think of that. The only reason that you are hinting to me about that is because you already think that my entire life is one huge joke anyway so whatever additional joke materials you can shove at me the funnier that you think it is. However, I do not share this fondness of yours for stupid humor. I am just saying.