Saturday, May 30, 2015

Which Reminds Me

It does seem odd somehow to hear all of these thinly veiled Freemasons yapping about how they are going to charge me dues, as if I owed them something. How ridiculous. It is not like I would ever be invited to their private parties so obviously I do not feel myself obligated to pay for that, just some club trivia and rituals that profit me nothing as far as I can tell. They say that it is not really a secret but when or why would I, a non-member and not interested in joining, ever find time to dig around to find all of that stuff anyway? It just wouldn't make any sense for me to ask such questions, much less try to answer that. It's not up to me, obviously. So why all these disordered and meaningless clues? There is no reason for me to torture myself with these complicated points. Life is short and then we die. There is only so far one person can get with this thing before the end comes and still we fall short. Life is short and then we die. We must recognize that we cannot accomplish our salvation by our own strength. We are human. We are weak and mortal beings. Our only hope of salvation lies in accepting what Christ has provided for us in terms of his own life sacrificed on our behalf. We must make a conscious decision to place all of our faith in Jesus who lived a perfect and sinless life, was crucified and rose from the dead and now makes intercession for us at the throne God. There is no other hope for us, or at least for me. Maybe you think that you can do it all in your own strength but life is short and then you die. I would rather place my trust in God who created the heavens and earth. He knows the end from the beginning. Only in Him can be found perfect rest.