Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Which Reminds Me

How is it that some clueless people in Florida and elsewhere think they know something about Shady Acres in California? I never mentioned that to you, so it seems odd that you are getting all of this twisted information from somewhere and yapping to me about the "Grapes of Wrath" book that I never read anyway. It was only fiction so has almost nothing to do with the reality of who I am. It is true that my mother's uncle once owned a migrant workers' camp in California around the time of the Great Depression but mostly I wasn't born yet for most of that. I have only the vaguest notions of that place, having visited there only once as a child and don't know anything else about it. It is true that my mother's uncle was Irish Catholic but I never heard of him being elected a knight of the shire that he would have need to represent us for anything of a political or financial nature so why are you hinting so persistently about him, and besides all of those people are gone now and there is no reason for me to say anything else about that.