Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Which Reminds Me

During the time that I was in high school, I don't quite remember how it was that the get-rich-quick guy Al from San Diego and his son Rick and Rick's Mexican stepmother came to be associated socially with our families. I remember at least one visit to their beach house, sitting around the swimming pool with some people, Rick was there, and they also might have attended some parties. Rick stopped by our house a few times. There was always something sort of weird and shady about Al, always talking about his next big deal to get rich but never really seeming to have a job that we know of. I never really understood very much about that so obviously I cannot be expected to explain what that was about, much less defend Al from the various enemies that he made there. I really wouldn't know very much about that. I heard later that Rick married one of the native girls there at the church and they now live in the San Diego area. Ok, so that's nice although I don't remember who she was. I only remember that Rick was nice but such a bore. I really don't remember them.