Monday, March 21, 2016

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I suppose that one could speculate about when, at what future time, if ever, the Royal Academy of the Spanish Language in Spain will finally grant legitimacy to the language deviants of Chile. But it wouldn't be my place to say one way or another. The eminent academicians in charge of regulating the Spanish language and the contents of the Spanish dictionary are the ones to ask about whether there is any prospect of legitimacy someday, eventually, for the slang gang. I really wouldn't know anything about that and, anyway, there is no way to say whether I will live long enough to see that matter resolved, if that ever happens. I have heard that the Spanish language has a more legalistic way of regulating itself than English, not that I would know anything about that.