Thursday, March 3, 2016

Which Reminds Me

Does make you wonder whose idea it was to promote that dreary Santiago family to the level of missionary, a profession that, if pursued as a full-time career, nowadays requires some serious Bible study. A short missions trip is a great experience for young people but a serious missionary career is a much different thing. I was in college with the Santiago girls and yet never spent much time with them. They chirp like magpies aiming to hog the limelight and yet sometimes I think they just want to get free stuff from white people like me just because I happen to be someone they remember from college because otherwise they don't seem to have any actual notion of getting along with the rest of us. They only care about dominating us and wiping us off the map by jumping to various conclusions unsubstantiated by any facts whatever. I think that what facts are going through my head, or rather not available to my head at the time, is another important factor in establishing the fact that I really don't deserve this ridiculously heavy guilt trip. There is a limit to how much excessive guilt trip I can handle and my limit on that has long since expired.