Friday, December 9, 2016

Which Reminds Me

If you are looking for practical then you will want to hire my mother. My mother is always so eminently practical practical practical. If only I was half as practical as my mother. My mother always has such practical things to say and practical things to do and practical advice to give. Too bad I don't quality as "Most Practical." You won't want me around to mess with the practicality of being practical as the foremost virtue of practically all time. You will want to hire my mother and dispose of me as not worthy of the concept of practicality because I am not an exact duplicate clone of my mother, which is a true and uncontested point. I would be glad to step aside and will do so whenever Mr. Right comes along, if ever, so that I can set up my own life in the most practical way I know how, even if only a shadow of mother. As the saying goes, first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby in a baby carriage. But of course Mr. Right must first appear. Otherwise, I am not so unpractical as to put the cart before the horse. And if Mr. Right does not appear within a reasonable time I am going to have a serious problem navigating the rest of my life. I will need a serious paycheck. Money is not the only thing that I care about but, as my practical mother says, "Money makes the world go round." Everything just comes to a crashing a halt without some serious money to grease the wheels. Just like everybody else on the planet I have to eat, I have to have a place to sleep, etc. etc.