Thursday, February 13, 2014

Which Reminds Me

Yes, the Jockettas were politicking and so it seems that all of the smokers got green cards, free admission to the U.S., for some mysterious reason. I cannot imagine why that would be, nor do I care. It is not like I had anything to do with it, I am sure. I remember that in the senior issue of the high school paper, when everyone was asked about their college plans, people were heading all over the map, many bound for the U.S., so not really surprising that many ended up here. It is not like Olympic awards were guaranteed to the "other" girls' P.E. class either. I have read articles in magazines about the issue of Olympics pride but don't know much about it in a personal way. In case you forgot, Comaneci was a Romanian at the time that she won the Olympics, not yet a U.S. citizen, but her perfect performance was not a requisite for U.S. citizenship, obviously, or most of us would be shipped to Siberia. So this whole Olympic confection is just stupid and annoying and irritating and I really would not care to comment. I am not the person who started this nonsense in the first place, obviously.