Thursday, February 6, 2014

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely recall that while I was renting a room at Laura's house, that I left the kettle full of water on the stove for a very long time until all of the water had evaporated and the bottom of the kettle was so flimsy that the whole thing was burnt, the bottom now having a huge hole in it and no longer able to hold water. I think that I did apologize but Laura was angry and snapping, saying that I should have offered to pay for a new kettle. Oh, I had not thought of that. I am accustomed to being forgiven small mistakes. I think that I was up to date on rental payments and with not a lot of money to spare so it was rather shocking to learn that Laura should suddenly come up with this new rule of needing to pay for things that I broke. I mean, it is very hard to not break something in a nasty angry person's house so, now knowing the extent of Laura's mean-spirited attitude, in a million years I would never consider having further contractual agreements with Laura. Good-bye!