Friday, February 7, 2014

Which Reminds Me

Our high school class was taken on a field trip during school to see the movie, "Don Quixote," in which the barmaid Aldonza is serenaded by the bumbling wannabe-a-knight. Later, back at school, Quique got into the habit of serenading me with the song Dulcinea (trans. Sweetish?) even though I am not a Spanish barmaid, look nothing like Sophia Loren, and never in my life worked as a barmaid at some Spanish tavern. It was just that my name sounds like candy, which also could taste sweetish if eaten. All of this teasing was a colossal nuisance and I just want Quique to go away and leave me alone. I dislike being singled out for all of this negative attention by a person who obviously does not like me and is only trying make some insulting commentary on white girls, as if he would know anything about me. Obviously not.