Thursday, February 6, 2014

Which Reminds Me

I remember that Cindy Lopez was talking about her job at World Vision, which is a sort-of-Christian agency involved in relief and development projects in Third World countries. I don't know much about relief and development so obviously I would not be of much use to them. I really don't know anything about it. I just remember that at one time Cindy worked for World Vision before going to Latin America Childcare. Cindy is one of those Mexican types who think of California as a Mexican territory invaded temporarily by whites. Those early-bird Mexicans got there first and they are just dissimulating and biding their time waiting for the invasive whites to leave so that they can run the whole show which is why there is not much reason to return there or invest much time into that place looking at it that way. If I were a migrant farm worker like Billie Davis I could probably strongly identify with them, the Chicanos, but I actually don't identify that way. Billie Davis was a rare anomaly in the missionary world, needless to say. Which raises another issue of this new wave of Latino missionaries going overseas recently and claiming themselves a new and improved version of missionary because, unlike whites, they look like the natives, act like the natives, think like the natives, behave like the natives. Makes you wonder exactly what they thought a missionary actually was supposed to be anyway. That is a very deep question for shallow minds.