Friday, October 2, 2015

Which Reminds Me

"Come up and see me some time," said June from Massachusetts, blinking luridly, imitating the movie lines of Mae West's saloon girl, during the college talent show at Evangel College, part of an impromptu version of "The Dating Show." I also remember that two guys imitating the Blues Brothers poured a goldfish bowl into a blender and turned it on. Ick!

Well, June lived down the hall from me that year so I can vouch that she was prone to saying the most outrageous things, on or off stage matters not. She was making the most of a resemblance to Bette Midler, and wasn't Bette Midler wildly popular at the time? But sometimes these movie things do not play so well at Christian colleges. I can easily imagine that some people would have been outraged at June's sayings and doings but I really don't remember very much about that. I didn't go back to Evangel the next year so I can't really say more about that.