Monday, October 26, 2015

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I suppose that I say should thanks for the diploma. I have it stored in a drawer somewhere. It may have some important signatures on it. So that was an accomplishment of a sort. Of course, I already know that a diploma is not necessarily an automatic passport to career heaven. The rest of it is all up to me. I cannot expect the college to hand me a career on a silver platter. I have to go out there and get my own job and make my own path in the career world. Colleges often have an alumni office that offers contact information but that only means that I have to make the effort to go and look for that and then send out my cover letter and resume and then hope to get a favorable response or not. Sometimes the college reputation also helps and sometimes not. So it is just all up to me.