Friday, October 2, 2015

Which Reminds Me

When I was at Evangel College, I remember hearing June talk about how she and some other girls went to the campus of the Central Baptist College that was in the same city to use their library or eat at their snack bar or something. I don't remember specifically what they were doing there, but while they were there they struck up a conversation with some Baptist boy there, and he responded saying that their rules did not permit him to be seen speaking in public to such girls as them. So this incident was discussed as an example of the extreme conservatism of the Baptist college. Yes, I am quite certain that the Baptist version of CBC may be even more conservative than ours in some ways. Of this I have no doubt. However, personally speaking, I really see no reason to go there and meddle with those people's heads. They have their own peculiar rules to go by and we have ours. I tend to think that they really wouldn't understand us.