Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Which Reminds Me

I wonder what makes the Cranfords think that I would want any part of their pile of rocks near the Dallas area. My grandmother might have had some emotional attachment to the farm of her birthplace, but to me Uncle Winfred's pile of rocks holds no particular appeal. I am not allowed to sell the mineral rights that belong to my mother. But as for the farm and its pile of rocks, I really have no interest in renewing the petition originally made by my grandmother. That would be pointless. We already know how Uncle Winfred callously shrugged that off. We already know that the Cranfords consider themselves entitled to all of the profits from the crushed rock operations and are not willing to share with us anything more than is legally required. So while we may be entitled to royalties from the natural gas, if they are fracking oil we really wouldn't know anything about that. It is not like they would ever tell us anything. To me Dallas is just another boring place of no interest.